Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall is in the air...


Well this morning I awoke to rain, wind and chilly fall air. Just like that over night. This time last week we had 80's! I think today we just made it to 60? I really hope that we still have some warm days ahead for us. Fall is beautiful and so comfy feeling. I love cooking meals in the crock pot and drinking hot tea or or hot chocolate and curling up with a good book. I love to hear the rain and wind at night and cuddle up to Brent.

And I LOVE the fall clothes. The sweaters and jeans and boots...and jackets! I love jackets!! This is always an exciting time for the family. We love the Holidays! I love to decorate for fall Harvest, which I hope to get started on tomorrow. I love all the cute little pumpkins and scarecrows. Nothing scary! I love to take our girls' trick or treating:) I actually have all their costumes already:) Abbie and Macy are going to be adorable little witches with little bright tutu's:) So cute. And Sadie will be a bumble bee. Now if Allie can only decide if she will be dressing up or not. Every year for the past 3 years she has said NO WAY! Then at the last minute she wants to dress up and we are running around like crazy people trying to get a costume! Teenagers:)
Their is also a very special day in October that is so dear to our hearts. Our little Macy will turn 4 on October 22nd!! That should be a wonderful day:) She gets to bring a birthday snack to preschool. And she wants to bring pumpkin cupcakes. And then she doesn't know that I have a little surprise planned for her. Her daddy is going to meet us for lunch and I am going to invite some friends of hers too:) So my goal is to just enjoy the fall and all the beauty and excitement it holds. And not EVEN let myself THINK about what comes after fall...yes the "W" word:(


3 comments:

a.mcd said...

your daughters are beautys!!!

Lisa Sue said...

This is such a sweet blog!! It made me laugh about Allie and deciding at the last minute to dress up....Brandon has done that for the last 2 years!!! Have a wonderful fall season!! LOVE YA!!!

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

Love it. Your blog is great to read! I'm so happy that I am getting to know you and your family...your all fantastic people!