Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Being in the moment







Let me just tell you that I LOVE when I go to Church and everything the Pastor is saying hits home! For months I have been dealing with WANTING to slow down. Slow down my busy schedule and just enjoy being in the moment. Well at Church on Sunday the message was "Christmas Chaos" How to have a simple Christmas. This is just what I needed to hear. Not only for Christmas but for my life in general. I have been praying and pondering on some things that the Pastor said during his sermon. For example at Christmas you have to remember their is "No Perfect Family" and no "Perfect" Christmas. So have realistic expectations about it all! I can understand that completely and in a broad spectrum that is also LIFE in general isn't it? Their is no "Perfect Family" and no "Perfect life" BE REALISTIC. Something else that was so nice to hear and believe me I NEED to work on this one...You don't have to do it all!! Go to every family member's house for Christmas, go to every Christmas party and so on. Again in real life I need to practice this. I have to remember that I don't have to go to every event or playdate/party. Don't get me wrong I love to get out spend time with all my friends and have playdates and storytime. But at times for me it can get a little chaotic. I realize more and more I love to be at home with my little ones just as much as getting out. Wise words from my Pastor. "DON'T trade calm for chaos." In saying all this...it just hit me what my New Year's Resolution will be:) I am going to slow down and SIMPLIFY as much as a I can. I will take baby steps...believe me this won't be easy. I just realize now that my 4th baby is approaching the 8month mark very quickly how fast time goes and I just want to be in the moment with them:) Well that's all for now. Good day and many Blessings to you all!!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa Sue said...

It is hard...we want to make our kiddies so happy with keeping them busy but, then we forget to enjoy the moments because it turns into a routine!! I need to do this too!! Try to have fun Trisha...you are one of the BEST moms I know and deserve EVERY bit of happiness! =) Many blessings to you!!

Melissa Ann Rodgers said...

Trisha, thanks for posting this. I too need to do the same. I wish I would of been at church to hear that sermon. You know me....I'm always going, going, going. I need to slow down too.