Thursday, February 25, 2010

I am feeling blah:(

I have to say that although their are so many wonderful things going on around me all the time. I have so much to be thankful for. I have many great friends that are always their for me. A husband that is a rock. I still feel so unhappy at times:( I am just wondering if this is normal!! I get so tired of saying the same things to my husband and friends because I don't want them to think that I am this crazy lady:( don't know why I put so much pressure on myself to keep my feelings to myself:( At times I find it really hard to get through the day without feeling tired or drained or getting crabby. More than anything I want to be the best and most loving mommy. But I feel that I run out of patients so fast. I can't help but feel that their are so many other wife/mommy's that always have it all together and I somehow always fall short. I remember my sister saying to me at one time. "If we compare ourselves to everyone else we will always fall short somehow". I have to remember this. I just can't seem to put my finger on what is wrong with me lately. Its been so long since I have felt like myself and it only seems to be getting worse. I feel a little embarrassed even putting this in writing. But I am hoping with someone reading this they can give me advice? Or if its normal to feel this way? I swear I have more sad or cranky days than good ones lately and that just breaks my heart when I think of my kids and husband who deserve the best:( I have even thought that maybe seeing a counselor would help? But my husband doesn't seem to think I need one. I on the other hand aren't so sure....what other option do I have. I have put this all to prayer at least 20 times a day...and I am still at a loss. I just feel like I have no inner strength left. And I don't know where to start and where all this is coming from? So if any of you wonderful ladies have any encouraging words or similar stories please let me hear it!! Well that's it for now. ~Trisha

3 comments:

Lisa Sue said...

I would have never guessed you were feeling this way. I am truly sorry. The patience thing I TOTALLY understand. Not measuring up to our OWN expectations...I am there with you too. You have a big family that takes a lot to manage. Your girls are turning out to be so wonderful. Obviously, you are doing something right! I think for the most part...this is normal. If YOU feel it isn't..then definitely go talk to someone. It may even be a symptom from having another baby. =( I want to see someone too...but because I have terrible thoughts or visions of death all day. I know this is not normal but I keep going. Which is not good.
I just had a mental breakdown last Saturday...about the kids not brushing their teeth when I asked and because Ryelon throws his food! Chris just listened, calm me down...and then I regretted somethings I said and asked for forgiveness. God has given you and I so many blessings...He wants us to enjoy them to the fullest!
About your prayers, keep doing this. God can only take you so far before he needs you to do the rest. He WILL provide the strength for you to make your decision.
Please know that I am here for you and that I love you alot. I see that you are a terrific mommy..and if I can be honest...I sometimes compare myself to you!! Do not be too hard on yourself...put yourself first for a moment...go on walks...have ALONE time! Big hugs to you.

Kat said...

Oh, Trisha...not to make this a big love fest, but I often think about you and your family as people who I have missed out on...more than you could ever know and I am sorry for that. You are such an amazing, beautiful person and I am so proud that you're my family. Just know that when you do get discouraged and feel overwhelmed, it NEVER makes you a bad person...it makes you human! You could have went such a different way in your life, but you didn't! God blessed you with what you have, even before you found him! You have everything to be proud of and as much as God blessed you with your children and your life...you made it happen too! Love you!

xoxoxo ~Lori said...

Girly, you know you can always call me! We all have these days!
Praying and talking is the best help there is! I am glad you are having fun with some girlfriends this weekend and I so hope you can enjoy time for YOU! Let me know if you ever want me to take the girls for a day, you know I love them! xoxoxoxo, ~Lori